Stilton Twists – The Perfect Holiday Munchies
I recently stumbled upon a great stilton recipe on StiltonCheese.com for Stilton Twists. I personally do not enjoy blue cheese that much, but this recipe really jumped out at me and I just had to give it a try with our new Colton Bassett Stilton!
-1 package of frozen puff pastry sheets (usually found in the frozen dessert section of your supermarket)
-4 oz (1/4 lb) stilton cheese, grated
1) Follow the instructions on the package to thaw out puff pastry dough
2) Once thawed, unfold onto a cutting board and dust both sides of both sheets lightly with paprika
3) Sprinkle one sheet with the grated stilton, then place the second directly on top.
4) Lightly roll the dough with a rolling pin to make as smooth as possible (it will still be slightly lumpy though)
5) Cut the sheet in half then slice into 3/8″ strips. Give each strip a few twists (3-4) before placing on a slightly greased cookie sheet. Press the ends to the pan in order to keep twists from unfolding during baking.
6) Bake at 425* for about 6-9 minutes.
Recipe makes roughly 48 twists, depending on the width in which you cut them!