Need a tasty treat while enjoying this Sunday’s take down of the Cheese Heads? I have a recipe with kick that had just about everything but the kitchen sink packed into it. During the game I know I will be enjoying a Stuffed Baguette with my friends and family(along with some of Kara’s great recipes). The neat thing about this recipe is you can fill a hollowed out baguette with any one of your favorite goodies.
- Baguette approximately 14 inches long
- 8oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 5oz Blue Castello cheese
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup of finely chopped Kalamata olives
- 2 tbsp of minced flat parsley
- 3oz of either a finely chopped spicy salami or chorizo
- Fresh ground pepper and salt to taste(will not need much salt)
Cut the baguette in half. Remove the ends from the baguette. Use a long thin knife, hollow out the baguette, working from both ends. Leave about 1/2-inch thick crust all around.
Use an electric mixer and beat the cream cheese, until it is smooth and lump free. Mix in the Blue Castello and garlic until smooth and blended. Stir in the remainder of the ingredients.
Working from both ends, fill one half of the baguette with the mixture. Pack it tightly with the filling. Wrap the stuffed baguette very well in plastic wrap. Repeat with the remaining half of the baguette. Refrigerate both halves for a minimum of two hours and maximum of two days. Immediately before serving, slice the baguette into 1/2-inch thick pieces and enjoy! For the neatest presentation use a hot dry knife each time you slice a piece.