A New Take on an Old Favorite
While Lauren and I were discussing what kind of awesome recipes to bring to you guys for this week’s playoff game, both our minds immediately went to Jell-O shots. Now we didn’t want to give you that basic, boring Jello-O shooter recipe that you used in college so we scoured the internet to bring you some really cool and unique shooters to serve at your playoff gathering! This is a bit of a long post, so please click the link to view the recipes!
The first recipe we bring you is from Jelly Shot Test Kitchen, and is absolutely perfect and customizable for the upcoming game! These shooters are Jell-o within Jell-o, so there are two steps–but the end result is a beautiful presentation. (To get an idea what they will look like, click here!)
- 2 cups water
- 2 envelopes Knox gelatin
- 2 3 oz. boxes flavored gelatin dessert in team colors–for the Giants use Blue Raspberry and Strawberry flavors; for the 49ers use Black Cherry and Peach!
- 2 cups ice cold vodka or rum (separated, and note that flavored liquor is nice but not required)
- 2 cups water
- 2 1/2 envelopes Knox gelatin (1/2 envelope is about 1 tsp gelatin powder)
- 1/2 of a 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Box strawberry Jell-o
- 8 oz Tequila
- 6 oz cointreau
- Salt for garnish
- Fresh strawberries
- Cut the bottoms of the strawberry flat to get them to stand upright. When you do so, make sure that you do not cut off so much that there is a hole at the bottom.
- Use a huller or apple corer to empty out the strawberry.
- Once the strawberries have been emptied, use a towel to pat the outside of the strawberries dry.
- Check each strawberry and make sure there is not a hole in the bottom before you start filling.
- Boil one cup of hot water in a saucepan, then add in Jell-o powder and whisk until powder is completely dissolved, about 2 minutes. Set aside. Measure out 1/4 cup of cold water and set aside.
- Combine tequila and Cointreau, in cocktail shaker filled with ice. Add liquor mixture to cold water and stir to combine. Then add cold liquor mixture to hot Jell-o mixture and stir to combine.
- Pour final Jell-o mix into strawberries and chill overnight. Dip your finger in water or use a moistened brush to wet the edge of the strawberries, dip and rotate the strawberries in salt to rim. Garnish with cut lime triangles to finish.
Hope everyone has a fun, snowy weekend! Let’s Go Big Blue!!
****** Please Drink Responsibly******