We are quickly approaching the weekend and you know what the means:
1. Playoffs are Sunday
2. The Giants are going to kick some serious butt!
While blogging I have been planning how I will be enjoying this very important game. I have been coming up with recipes that my friends and family will enjoy as we cheer our favorite team, the New York Giants on to the Super Bowl. Click the following link to view my three favorites!
Asiago Cheese Crisps:
-½ cup of freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
-½ cup of freshly grated Asiago cheese
-½ tsp chili powder
-2 Tbsp cornmeal
1. Preheat oven to 425°F
2. Combine ingredients together in mixing bowl; mix well
3. Spoon into 1-inch mounds on a parchment lined baking sheet, Line 1 inch apart, then lightly flatten.
4. Bake until golden and slightly crisp, approximately 8-9 minutes. Cool on wire rack.
Warning these are positively addicting!!
-2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
-2 cups of your favorite cheddar cheese shredded -just like Big Blue shredded those Cheese Heads!
-1 (1oz) package ranch dressing mix
-1/3 cup of Roscoe’s Kraft beer
1. In a medium bowl combine cream cheese and ranch dressing mix. Stir in cheddar cheese, and lastly the beer. The mixture will appear mushy. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Refrigerate overnight if possible.
Blue Cheese Guacamole:
-2 large avocados, cut into small pieces
-1 lime, juice
-1/4 cup of your favorite blue cheese at room temperature, crumbled ( I love Mycella and Danish Blue.)
-1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
-1 roma/plum tomato, seeded and diced
-1/4 cup red onion, diced
-1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
-1/2 teaspoon cumin (toasted and ground)
-salt and pepper to taste
1. Mash everything to the desired consistency.
This is a cool and creamy guacamole with the tangy trace of blue!
The crisps make a nice little scoop for the beer dip and the guacamole–easy eating as you cheer on Big Blue!