Alright everyone, we’re less than a week away from the big game and if you haven’t started planning your Super Bowl party, well then you’re in luck! Check back every day this week for some awesome football-friendly snack recipes!
Today we have Parmesan Crusted Zucchini Sticks. I had these at a restaurant once and they were absolutely amazing, but terribly greasy from being deep fried. This recipe, however, is baked so there is considerably less grease and a lot more yum!
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese (about 1/2 – 3/4 lb wedge)
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 lb zucchini sliced into sticks
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg with a dash of milk, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 425*
- Season zucchini sticks with a little bit of salt and pepper.
- Combine bread crumbs, Parmigiano Reggiano, and oregano in a bowl.
- Dip zucchini sticks in egg wash, then roll in crumb mixture
- Place the zucchini sticks on lined baking sheet in a single layer.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool a few minutes. Serve with warm marinara sauce.
Makes 4 appetizer size servings.