As I am gearing up for my Super Bowl party this Sunday, I have been picking out some of my favorite recipes to serve. Countdown four days until the big game and I have three party favorites:
Seven Layer Dip:
- 15 oz can of refried beans
- 1/4 cup of water
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup combo of freshly shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 jalapeno pepper, remove seeds and membrane, finely chop
- 1 cup of guacamole or 1 avocado chopped finely
- 1 tomato, remove seeds and juices, chop finely
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 small black olives, sliced
- salt to taste
1. Heat the beans in a medium saute pan, Stir in the water to get a creamy consistency. Stir in the olive oil, chili powder, cumin and salt, until combined.
2. When the beans are hot and bubbly spread them on the bottom of a baking dish. Immediately sprinkle the cheese over the beans.
3. Layer on the jalapeno, avocado, tomato, sour cream and black olives.
4. Serve immediately with tortilla chips
Fontina-Stuffed, Bacon-Wrapped Dates:
- prepare 3-4 dates per person
- Fresh dates
- Fontina cheese, cut to fit inside the dates
- Bacon, cut into 3″ pieces
1. Preheat broiler and line baking sheet with parchment paper
2. Make a slit in the dates, keeping the bottom in tact. Place a piece of Fontina inside each date. Wrap bacon around the stuffed date, overlapping the ends at the bottom.
3. Broil for about 5 minutes. Definitely keep an eye out on these treats so they don’t burn!
- 8 servings
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temp
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup fresh shredded mozzarella, divided in half
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano Reggiano, divided in half
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 2 ounces of sliced pepperoni
- 2 Tbsp black olives, sliced
1. Mix the cream cheese, sour cream, mayo and half of both the mozzarella and Parmigiano Reggiano until blended. Spread it across the bottom of an oven proof pie plate.
2. Spread the pizza sauce on top and sprinkle on the remainder cheese, pepperoni and olives (You can substitute anything for the meat and olives).
3. Bake in a preheated 350*F oven until the cheese has melted and it is a bubbling golden brown, around 15-20 minutes.
I am looking forward to watching my favorite team, The New York Giants stomp on the other team, while munching on these goodies!