With the weather being so warm this week, I felt a little inspired to bring you a recipe that is perfect for the coming warm months. Meze Platters are nice, cool, Mediterranean-inspired appetizers that offer you a variety of light, snacky items. This one features our Vineyard Market Hummus, a shrimp, olive, and tomato salad, and a cucumber, yogurt, and feta salad.
Shrimp, olive, and tomato salad:
- 16 cooked peeled large shrimp with tails left intact
- 16 Kalamata olives, with pits
- 1 cup diced seeded tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and toss until blended. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
Cucumber, yogurt, and feta salad:
- 1/2 unpeeled cucumber, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1/2 cup plain Greek-style yogurt, whisked to loosen
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 3 ounces)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or mint
- 1 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 lemons, cut into wedges
- Pita bread to serve on the side.
Directions: Lay out cucumber slices on a platter and lightly season with salt and pepper. Drizzle yogurt over cucumber and sprinkle crumbled feta and oregano.
- Arrange bowls of marinated artichokes, hummus, shrimp salad, and cucumber salad on a large platter
- Garnish platter with toasted pita bread pieces and lemon wedges
YUM! I can’t wait to try this at home!