There are so many ways to enjoy this deliciously creamy and flavorful cheese. Here is a fantastic recipe I enjoy making…and of course, eating!
Meredith Feta Cheese Tarts
- 7oz Meredith Dairy Marinated Feta
- 1 cup cream
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme (leaves only)
- Salt and pepper
- 3-4 sheets commercially available puff pastry
- Preheat oven 350°F.
- Cut pastry into rounds using a pastry cutter.
- Grease muffin tin and place a round into each muffin mold (pastry should come to the top).
- Put in refrigerator until using.
- Beat cream, feta, and eggs together. Add the herbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into the cold uncooked tart cases and decorate the top with a slice of tomato
- Cook until firm and golden. Serve warm with a crisp green salad.