With St. Patrick’s Day this week, we found this awesome Baked Potato and Dubliner Cheese Soup–a yummy addition to your Irish-themed menu!
- 12 slices bacon
- 2⁄3 cup Kerrygold butter
- 2⁄3cup all purpose flour
- 7 cups milk
- 4 large baked potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 ¼ cups shredded Dubliner cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Place bacon in a large, deep skillet and cook over medium heat until browned. Drain, crumble, and set aside.
- In a stock pot or Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in flour until smooth.
- Gradually stir in milk, whisking constantly until thickened.
- Stir in potatoes and onions.
- Bring to a boil, stirring frequently.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Mix in bacon, cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Continue cooking, stirring frequently, until cheese is melted.