Sapore Del Piave Pizza
Pizza is a weekly dinner in my house and we often like to make our own. But every now and then I get tired of the same-ol’ plain pizza. That’s when I start to play around with whatever is in the refrigerator! This recipe is perfect for the Sapore Del Piave we just got in to Vineyard Market!
- Homemade or store bought pizza dough (we buy our’s from our local pizzaria!)
- 1 cup grated Sapore Del Piave
- 1 1/2 cup grate Mozzarella
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped Rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon (or less) crushed red pepper
- Coarse kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 pieces Aidell’s Italian sausage (casing removed)
- 1 small red onion sliced thinly
- 5 oz fresh mushrooms (of your choice), thinly sliced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, chopped into small pieces
- Preheat your oven to 450* and lightly sprinkle cornmeal on a pizza stone or baking sheet.
- Roll out (or toss) your pizza dough to desired size. Sprinkle 1/3 cup of Piave, 3/4 teaspoon Rosemary, 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper directly onto crust and lightly press into the dough. Sprinkle lightly with coarse kosher salt.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute sausage (without the casing!) until brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Saute onions in same skillet for about 2 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Sauted red peppers for about 2 minutes. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon oil and saute mushrooms and remaining Rosemary for about 5 minutes or until brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Layer your Mozzarella, remaining Piave, sausage, onion, peppers, and mushroom on dough, leaving some room for the crust.
- Brush crust with olive oil, then drizzle the remainder over toppings.
- Bake until your crust is crispy and golden brown. Depending on the thickness of your dough this can be anywhere from 10 to 20 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on it so it doesn’t burn!
- Let rest for about 5 minutes before serving!