Happy National Grilled Cheese Month!
If you weren’t aware, April is National Grilled Cheese Month–yes, such a thing exists. To celebrate, we’ve found a recipe that combines two of our favorite things here at Vineyard Market–cheese and beer–into one yummy, gooey sandwich to create a Beer Battered Grilled Cheese!
From Betty Crocker
- 6 slices of bacon
- 4 slices of rustic white bread (try our Il Forno Ciabatta Grande)
- 2 slices of provolone cheese
- 2 slices of cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup Pale Ale Beer
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towel.
- On 2 of the bread slices, place 1 slice provolone cheese, 3 slices bacon and 1 slice Cheddar cheese on each. Top with remaining bread slices.
- Heat griddle or skillet over medium-high heat or to 375°F. In shallow bowl, beat egg, beer, flour and chili powder with fork until smooth. Dip each sandwich into batter, giving it a few seconds on each side to absorb the batter; drain excess batter back into bowl.
- Melt butter on hot griddle. Place sandwiches on griddle. Cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side until golden brown.
YUM! I can’t wait to make one of these bad boys for lunch this weekend! Happy National Grilled Cheese Month! 🙂