NY Strip Steaks w/ Coupole & Fig Glaze
While doing some research on our newest cheese, Vermont Butter & Cheese Creamery’s Coupole, I came across this absolutely mouth-watering recipe that I just had to share. Found HERE on VBCC’s website, it’s a perfect way to serve Coupole during grilling-season! I can’t wait to make this for dinner tonight!
From Vermont Butter & Cheese Creamery
- ½ cup fig jam or spread (Try Dalmatia Fig Spread from Vineyard Market!)
- ¾ cup port wine
- 1 cup unsalted beef broth
- 4 New York strip steaks or sirloin strip steaks
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 Coupole
- Start sauce a half hour before grilling.
- Put the fig jam, port wine, and beef broth together in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Turn heat down to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, until it has reduced by half.
- Meanwhile light the grill and remove steaks from the packages. Salt and pepper steaks on both sides and grill to your liking.
- One minute before the steaks are finished, place a slice of Coupole on each steak and close the lid until the cheese starts to melt and steaks are done.Allow steak to rest at room temperature for 5 minutes before serving. Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper if necessary. Serve with the sauce on the side or drizzled over the top.