Today we’re going to take a break from our usual wine & cheese pairing to continue to bring you some recipes for your 4th of July BBQ! On the weekends when I like to sample some of our cheeses in the store, I’m always thinking of which cheeses and spreads to combine and make something even more awesome. This Southwestern Cheese Dip is one of my more recent (and popular) concoctions!
- 1/2 lb (or more) Vineyard Market Sharp Cheddar Spread
- 1/2 container of Santa Barbara Black Bean & Corn salsa
- 3 tablespoons Rothschild Southwest dip
- 5 oz. shredded Yancey’s Fancy Jalapeno & Cayenne Cheddar
- cracked black pepper to taste
- Microwave sharp cheddar spread for about 15 seconds so it is soft, but not melted.
- Combine all ingredients in a small crock pot or small pot over medium-low heat. Mix well.
- Heat on high for 1/2 an hour or low for 1 1/2 hours, stirring every 15 minutes or so (if using a crock pot) or until cheese is melted together (on stove).
- Serve warm with tortilla chips or pretzels!