Looking for a yummy recipe for that hunk of Beemster XO you just picked up? Look no farther!
adapted from TheKitchn.com
- 1 1/2 ounce package wild mushrooms, washed & diced
- 1 cup chicken broth, boiling hot
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 8-ounce packages of Portobello mushrooms, washed & diced
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Beemster XO, grated, to taste
- 1 Box of your favorite pasta (bow ties are the best!)
- Let wild mushrooms sit in boiling broth for about 20 minutes. Remove and drain mushrooms, saving broth.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, and cook Portobello mushrooms until brown. Add garlic and wild mushrooms and cook on low heat until fragrant and soft.
- Add the second tablespoon of butter, and when melted, add flour and rapidly whisk until a thick paste forms (this is called a roux). Slowly whisk in mushroom broth and white wine. Cook over medium-high heat until it thickens into a gravy-like consistency.
- Add parsley and cook until wilted, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and immediately add cooked pasta and grated Beemster XO, mixing thoroughly. For an extra hint of flavor, add a few drops of truffle oil. Serve immediately.