This wonderful recipe comes to the blog from our Morris Plains Vineyard Market Cheese Lead, Karen!
Don’t know what to do with all those little pieces of leftover cheese in your fridge? Don’t throw them away, use them to make a delicious cheese spread! this is a great way to enjoy a little of everything at the end of the week. It only takes about five minutes to whip up, then sit back with a fresh baguette, a glass of wine, and enjoy. The best part about this recipe is that it will be a little different every time depending on the cheeses you use.
- 1 lb. of left-over cheese at room temperature
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 3 tablespoons of unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons of fresh parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- Remove any rinds and wax from cheeses. Cut cheese into cubes and grate and harder cheeses.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and blend until smooth (approx. 1-2 minutes).
- Serve at room temperature or refrigerate until use.
*It can also be served spread on crostini and warmed in an oven!