Football season is once again upon us. I don’t know about you, but game day becomes a day of munchies for me! This recipe for Mac & Cheese Bites are the perfect game day snack!
- 1/2 pound elbow macaroni
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter, plus more for brushing
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 cup freshly grated Cheddar
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Piave Sapore
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Cook macaroni until al dente (about 5 minutes). Drain and set aside.
- Butter the cups of four mini muffin pans and sprinkle grated Parmigiano-Reggiano into each cup.
- In a large saucepan, melt the 1 1/2 tablespoons of butter. Whisk in the flour over moderate heat for 2 minutes. Whisk in the milk and cook, whisking, until boiling (about 5 minutes).
- Add the Cheddar and Piave and whisk until melted. Remove from heat and whisk in the egg yolk and paprika.
- Fold in the macaroni.
- Spoon slightly rounded tablespoons of the macaroni into the prepared muffin cups, packing them gently, then sprinkle the remaining Parmigiano on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Allow to cool slightly, then remove from pans using a spoon or fork to loosen. Serve warm.