Game Day Goodies: Gruyere & Bacon Dip
It’s Sunday again, and that means game day snacks! This dip is not only different, it’s absolutely delicious and SO easy!
- 6 slices of thick bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 oz of Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 oz of Aged Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 cups of onion, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped chives, divided
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a skillet over medium-high heat, melt the 1 tablespoon of butter. Sauté the onions for about 5 minutes, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and cook until golden brown, about 20 minutes, stirring every now and then.
- Place a tablespoon of chives and a handful of cheese to the side for later. Combine remaining ingredients in a bowl, mixing well.
- Spread dip in an oven safe dish lightly coated with cooking spray. Top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until bubbly and golden.
- Top with remaining chives and serve warm with fresh baguettes or pita chips.