Tired of the same old Brie en Croute recipe for the holidays? Try this Camembert et Poires recipe, which adds a drizzle of balsamic and pear glaze on a Camembert round!
- 1, 8-ounce wheel of Camembert, cold
- 3 tablespoons Fini balsamic glaze
- 2 tablespoons Brandy
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped rosemary
- 1 pear, diced
- chopped walnuts for garnish
- While the Camembert is cold, slice horizontally in half to create two rounds.
- In a skillet over medium heat, melt butter then add diced pears. Cook until tender (2-3 minutes).
- Stir in Brandy and cook another minute. Remove from heat and spread over bottom half of the Camembert.
- Return skillet to low heat and warm up balsamic glaze, stirring constantly so as not to burn. It should take 1-2 minutes.
- Drizzle warm glaze over cheese and pears. Place the other half of the Camembert back on top and drizzle any remaining glaze and pears on top. Garnish with walnuts and serve warm.