One of our favorite cold-weather recipes is fondue! Since we are in the middle of an arctic blast here in New Jersey, Corinne wanted to share this delicious Stout Fondue recipe.
- 1 cup of your favorite stout
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 8 oz grated Emmentaler
- 8 oz grated Gruyere
- 4 oz grated Raw-milk Comte
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt, pepper, and hot sauce to taste
- Peel open garlic clove and cut in half. Rub along bottom and sides of a medium size stove-safe pot. Discard when done.
- Add stout and lemon juice to pot and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- In a separate bowl, combine cheeses with cornstarch, making sure the cheeses are evenly coated.
- Reduce heat to low and gradually stir cheese into liquid mixture, stirring until cheese is melted and mixture is combined – about 5 minutes.
- Stir in nutmeg. Add hot sauce and seasoning to taste. Carefully transfer to fondue pot or small crock pot on keep warm setting.
- Serve with your favorite fondue dippers!