Since Beemster Vlaskaas is a deliciously creamy and smooth cheese, it’s only natural that it’s absolutely perfect for fondue! This yummy recipe comes right from Beemster’s website, and can also be found here.
- 21-ounces grated Beemster Vlaskaas
- 1 small onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 tablespoons cognac
- 1/2 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1-1/4 cups skim milk
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons four
- your favorite fondue dippers
- Cut the onion into 4 wedges, chop the garlic into
large pieces and place in saucepan. Add milk and simmer, 10 minutes.
- Strain the onion and garlic from the milk. In the pan used to simmer the garlic and onions, slowly mix the flour into the milk, stirring constantly.
- Pour the mixture into the fondue pot while stirring and let simmer for 1-2 minutes. Add the grated cheese little
by little while continuing to stir. Let the cheese melt while stirring.
- Stir in wine. Once the fondue reaches an even texture, mix in the cognac and continue to stir.
- Keep fondue heated until ready to serve. Sprinkle the coriander on top before serving.