Kerrygold cheeses are some of my absolute favorites to make grilled cheese sandwiches with. This one in particular calls for Kerrygold’s Blarney Castle–a smooth Gouda-style cheese–and chutney. I prefer to make my own homemade pear chutney, and have used this recipe with great success!
- Crusty, rustic bread sliced thick
- 4-ounces Kerrygold Blarney Castle, thinly sliced
- 2-4 tablespoons chutney (seriously, try this one!)
- 2 tablespoons Kerrygold Irish Butter
- Butter outer side of bread slices.
- Place a few slices of cheese on unbuttered side of bread. Add desired amount of chutney and place other unbuttered side on top.
- Place buttered side down in large frying pan over medium-high heat, turning once until outside is golden brown and cheese is melted within.