St. Patrick’s Day Breakfast Casserole
In addition to Irish soda bread, this recipe has become a staple in my household on St. Patrick’s Day morning.
- 1/2 lb bacon, cooked & crumbled
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8-ounces Kerrygold Dubliner, shredded
- 8-ounces Kerrygold Irish Swiss, shredded
- 6 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 cup cream cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350-degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine hash browns, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and hot sauce. Stir in cream cheese and all but 1/2-cup each of each cheese. Stir in bacon until evenly distributed. Stir in slightly beaten eggs.
- Spread into a greased 9 x 13 pan and top with remaining cheese.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, or until cheese is melted and middle of the casserole is set. Allow to cool slightly before serving.