Kara’s Top 5 Cheeses For Your Burger
Now that grilling season is officially upon us, I’d like to take a moment to shake up your BBQ world. More often this time of year I’ll get customers asking what kind of cheese “goes with” a burger, or even worse–asking if we sell American Cheese singles (excuse me while I cringe). My friends, there is no right or wrong answer to the first question. You can put almost any cheese on a burger and the outcome will be delicious. Feeling spicy? Pick something with a little more heat! Feeling exotic? Pick a cheese with unique spices! In honor of Memorial Day, and all the BBQs that will be taking place this weekend, we’re bringing you our Top 5 Cheeses for your burger. Every day this week, we will be posting a different top 5 from each of our Cheese Leads, and maybe even a few other special guests! You can track the series HERE. To start, here are my favorite cheeses for your burger!
- Yancey’s Fancy Buffalo Wing Cheddar – a deliciously spicy cheese that will really bring the heat to your burger.
- Key Ingredient White Cheddar Jalapeno Spread – another spicy option that doesn’t need much time to melt.
- St Agur blue cheese – such a creamy and hearty blue that is delicious on not just burgers, but steak and chicken as well.
- DaVinci Gouda – a creamy gouda option with a subtle Mediterranean flavor of sun-dried tomatoes, olives, garlic, and other spices.
- Port Salut – probably the best cheese to melt over your burger–mild and delicious and just engulfs your burger as it melts.