Notre Dame Brie – January Cheese of the Month
Happy New Year, Turophiles! I hope you all enjoyed your cheese this past holiday season! With the new year, and new month, comes a new Cheese of the Month–Notre Dame 7-ounce Brie! This double-creme French Brie is mild and creamy with a beautiful white, fluffy, bloomy rind. It is a delicate combination of buttery and earthy flavors, and begins to ooze slightly as it comes to room temperature. At 7-ounces, it is the perfect size for a small gathering or for a recipe which doesn’t call for a large amount of cheese. The best part? It’s on sale this month for$2.99! (Yes, you read that correctly!) That means you can try out that baked Brie recipe you’ve been eyeing! In fact, why don’t you try out this baked Brie recipe!
- 1 Notre Dame 7 oz. Brie
- 1/4-cup brown sugar
- chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 sheet of pre-made puff pastry, thawed
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Lay out puff pastry sheet on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Place Notre Dame Brie round in center (rind and all).
- Place majority of the brown sugar directly on top of the Brie, leaving a little to sprinkle lightly around the side of the Brie. Then place chopped nuts of your choice on top of the brown sugar.
- Fold puff pastry sheet around the Brie wheel until it is completely bundled by the puff pastry. Lightly pinch together any loose seems.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown.
- Let cool for 5 minutes before serving, and enjoy!