Although Fall is one of my favorite seasons, I’m always sad to see Summer go; away go the beach days and here comes school and color-changing trees. With Labor Day just a few days away, the Bottle King stores are bustling with customers gearing up for their last big weekend. You already know that we’ve got you covered for all your liquor, beer, wine, and food needs, and we’ve even got a couple of recipes to share if you want to impress your guests for the last hoorah of the summer. Last weekend we tried out two easy-to-make snacks in the store with a good response from customers and employees alike. One is refreshing and the other is a unique take on a toasty classic. Check them out below!
Watermelon Mint Feta Salad
What you’ll need:
– 1/4 of a watermelon
– 4 or 5 leaves of fresh mint
– 1 (6oz.) package of Mt. Vikos Barrel Aged Feta
– Slice watermelon into 1inch. cubes.
– Dice mint leaves and mix in with watermelon.
– Crumble feta on top and mix in if desired.
– Serve cold!
French Onion Grilled Cheese
– Shred the Yancey’s Fancy Steakhouse Onion cheese into a bowl. Set aside.
– Shred the Gruyere into a bowl. Set aside.
* If you have a cheese plane, you can use it instead to thinly slice pieces of Gruyere and set to the side
– Slice the loaf of bread into pieces about 3/4inch thick. Spread butter onto 1 side of each slice of bread.
– On the non-buttered side of a piece of bread, layer roughly-equal amounts of Steakhouse Onion cheese and Gruyere.
– Cover with another piece of bread to end up with your first sandwich, with both buttered sides of bread facing out.
– Place sandwich (butter-side down) into the nonstick frying pan over low to medium heat.
– Cook until the bottom starts to brown and cheese begins to melt; flip over and repeat.
– Continue this process with the remaining slices of bread.