Super Bowl Dip: Roquefort & Cheddar Buffalo Chicken Dip
This post comes to us from Viv at the Morris Plains store.
I don’t know about you, but I’m always looking for a reason to cook up some party snacks–Super Bowl Sunday is one of those reasons. Every Super Bowl party calls for a dip that is out-of-this-world delicious. Why not kick things off with a hot and tangy “Roquefort-Cheddar Buffalo Chicken Dip”? Not only is this the perfect dip to “wow” your guests with, but it makes the perfect filling for a stuffed burger or chicken breast, and it even goes great on top of a baked potato with bacon. Does it get any better than that?!
– 8 oz. container or 8 oz. pc of Roquefort Blue cheese
– 16 oz. of Vineyard Market cheddar spread
– 1 tbsp. of Bruce Julian Picante hot pepper sauce (or more if you want more heat)
– 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded. A rotisserie works well.
– 1 tsp. each salt and black pepper
– 1 cup small diced celery (optional)
– 1 block of cream cheese cubed into ½ inch pcs. and kept cold (optional)
– Allow Roquefort and cheddar to come to room temperature.
– Combine blue, cheddar, hot sauce and salt and pepper into deep bowl, mix with electric hand mixer or whisk until well combined.
– Stir in the chicken and then chopped celery if using.
– If including the cream cheese, gently fold it in last trying not to over mix. You want ample amounts of creamy spots of cheese after baking dip.
– Place dip into 9 x 9 shallow baking dish and bake at 350 until bubbly. About 15-20 minutes.
– Serve with crackers, corn chips, celery or your favorite vegetables.
– Melt in microwave and pour over nachos instead of ground beef.
– Stuffed burgers; replace the chicken with cooked, crumbled bacon. Add Worcester shire sauce instead of hot sauce. Keep cheese mix cold, place 2-3 ounces between two patties and grill burgers as usual.
– Try the bacon version on top of baked potatoes!
– For Stuffed chicken breast; replace shredded chicken with sautéed mushrooms.
Try this recipe? Let us know what you think! Post in the comments below, or stop into your local Bottle King Vineyard Market and let us know!