Super Bowl Finger Food: Cheesy Fried Pickles
Okay guys, we’re another day closer to the big game day. Which team are you rooting for? Help keep your guests from getting hangry with these yummy snacks! Brought to us by out Vineyard Market lead in Morris Plains, Karen, this recipe produces a bite that is tasty, cheesy, gooey, & flavorful. And all it takes is 4 ingredients!
– 1 jar Natural Harvest Garlic Dill spears, sliced in half long ways, drained and blotted dry
– 1 (7oz.) package Havarti cheese
– 1 package of egg roll wrappers
– vegetable oil for frying; about 1 ½” in bottom of heavy skillet with sides
– Allow pickles and cheese to come to room temperature.
– Pat the pickles dry and cut cheese into sticks about ¾” wide and similar length as the pickle spears.
– Place an egg roll wrapper on a flat surface, with a point facing you. (Diamond)
– Lay the cheese, then the pickle spear on top, across the center, left to right.
– Fold the point closest to you over the pickle and cheese, then the point on right and left inwards.
– Dipping two fingers in some water, moisten the remaining flap of the wrapper, the one at the top of your diamond, then roll up.
– Seal the point to roll with water, set aside on a plate.
– When you’ve made as many egg rolls as you wish, heat oil in a medium sauce pan or a deep fryer.
– Use tongs and fry one roll at a time, turning if necessary until evenly browned. About 1 minute.
– Keep warm in oven on a plate until all egg rolls are fried.
– Cut each on a bias and arrange with a dish of honey mustard on a serving platter.
Now these Cheesy Fried Pickles are a great and simple snack on their own, but if you’re looking to dress it up, check out this great little recipe for a Honey Mustard Dip to dunk them in. Simply combine all of the ingredients below and voila!
– 1/2 cup mayonnaise
– 2 tbsp. prepared yellow mustard
– 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
– 2 tbsp. honey
– salt and pepper
– hot sauce to taste
* Recipe adapted from The Toasted Frog.