If I haven’t made it obvious by now, I la-la-la-la-lovvveeee grilled cheese. Besides just making it at home, it’s one of my favorite things to make here in the store to sample! When most people think of grilled cheese, their minds automatically go to something savory. Well I’m here to introduce you to the other half of the grilled cheese world: the sweet side. Now I know it might sound a little strange, but you’ve just got to trust me on this one. What I’m about to share with you is technically an open-faced grilled cheese with raspberry jam, but I swear it’ll remind you of a dessert tart. I made them here a couple of weekends ago and everyone who tried them LOVED it.
Amber’s Melt-in-your-mouth Raspberry “Tarts”
What you’ll need:
– 1 loaf bread, sliced (we used Il Forno Baguette for smaller pieces to sample)
– 1 pc. of Brie, around 8oz. or so, at room temperature
– 1 jar Rothschild Farm Hot Pepper Raspberry Preserves*
– Kerrygold Irish Salted Butter, enough to grease the pan
– Drop a small chunk of your butter into a hot skillet or pan and let it melt to coat it.
– Slather one side of a piece of bread with the gooey part of the Brie, leaving the white rind off to the side.**
– Put the piece of bread with Brie into your hot buttered pan, Brie-side up.
– Let it toast in there until you see the Brie cook down and get super gooey and melted.
– Pull your cheesy toast out and spread on some of your Hot Pepper Raspberry Preserves.
– Serve warm.
*I love a little spice, and this jam gives the “tarts” just a tiny kick to them, but feel free to sub for 1 jar Rothschild Farm Seedless Raspberry Preserves to avoid any spice.
**Feel free to add the white rind if you’d like, but I left it out as it tends to add a mildly bitter component.