The end of April is fast approaching and we’re finally getting some nice weather outside! We started this month featuring Beemster Royaal as our Cheese of the Month and followed it up by featuring the whole Beemster creamery as well. I’m going to keep that going by sharing with you a recipe that Beemster shared with me. I finally got the chance to try it out–and it’s delicious!
Using Beemster’s flagship cheese, Beemster Classic 18 month, these “Beemster Bites”, as I’ve deemed them, are perfect as an appetizer for you and a loved one or for having company over. The original recipe calls for toasted slices of baguette but I swapped the bread out for some Petit Toasts we have here in the store for simplicity. There’s a nice crunch in each bite, along with some creaminess from the avocado, some pepper from the arugula, and some sweetness from the cheese.
Give ’em a shot and let us know what you think!
What you need:
- 1 1/2 cup Beemster Classic (aged 18 months), shaved
- 2 packs TLP Petit Toasts
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lemon
- 1 shallot, diced small
- 2 cups arugula
- sea salt & pepper, to taste
How to do it:
- Halve the avocados, scoop flesh into a bowl.
- Squeeze lemon through a strainer over the avocados, add diced shallots and mash together with a fork.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Layer petit toasts with arugula, Beemster Classic shavings, and a spoonful of avocado mix.
- Top with cheese shavings and a dash of pepper.