LET’S GET READY TO RUMBLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Oh wait… wrong sport.
Oh well; It’s game day, everybody! And I’ve got one more amazing new recipe to share with you guys, plus a few more from previous blogposts that I’ll link down below for you.
This last recipe is one that I recall seeing floating around on Facebook for a while. It’s super simple, can be customized in so many ways, and is perfect for parties.
Cheesy Pull-apart Bread
This snack is a sure crowd pleaser. Grab a loaf of bread and a couple of your favorite cheeses, and you’re good to go. Want to use a different cheese? Just swap it out. Care for some garlicky bread? Slice up some garlic and add it on. And if you really wanna go crazy, warm up some marinara sauce to serve alongside. You seriously cannot go wrong here.
What you’ll need:
- 1 loaf crusty bread, try Il Forno Pane di Puglia
- 4oz. Gruyere, shredded (or sub another melty Swiss-style cheese)
- 4oz. Barber’s Cheddar, shredded (or any other flavorful cheese)
- 1-2 tbsp. butter, for baking
- optional: 2-3 cloves fresh garlic, sliced
How to do it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Using a knife, carefully score the top half of the loaf of bread into a checker pattern, almost making cubes of bread
- Mix your shredded cheese together in a bowl, then generously tuck the cheese in between where you made the cuts into the bread
- If desired, tuck in slices of garlic along with the cheese
- Place the loaf of bread on a large sheet of tin foil and drizzle melted butter on top to cover the bread
- Close the foil over the bread so it’s sealed and put in the oven to bake for about 20 minutes
- Open the foil to expose the top of the loaf and continue baking for another 5-10 minutes until cheese is bubbly and melted
- Remove from oven and serve immediately