June Cheese of the Month – Paradiso Vintage
And just like that, another month has gone by. Does it feel like 2017 if just flying by for anyone else?
Well folks, this month we’ve got another new cheese for you–you didn’t think I’d let you down, did you? Many of you may be familiar with our beloved friend Paradiso, an Italian-style cheese with an aged Gouda sort of feel. This month’s cheese of the month is Paradiso’s cousin: Paradiso Vintage.
Also produced by Beemster, Paradiso Vintage is differs in quite a few ways from its counterpart. While the original Paradiso has a slightly more crumbly texture and robust and tangy flavor, the Vintage version is ironically much more creamy and smooth. Paradiso Vintage is coated in black wax instead of the original gray and its paste is a softer shade of orange with a few more holes dotted throughout. It has a more semi-firm texture and every bite is super rich and buttery with a subtle tang that lingers. And the plus? Just like the rest of Beemster’s cheese range, Paradiso Vintage is naturally lactose free!
This cheese is super versatile as well.
- Thinly slice and add Paradiso Vintage to your turkey or salami sandwich
- Serve alongside fruit spreads for a heavenly bite
- Enjoy with salted nuts for contrasting textures and a little bit of salty & sweet
- Add to your next cheese platter for a selection everybody will love
- Taste with a more tannic red wine to smooth everything out
- Eat with a glass of white wine to enhance its flavors
- Pair with just about any and every beer
Stop into your local Vineyard Market for a taste of Paradiso Vintage today!
* Please check with your local Bottle King for availability.