And we’re back for round two! You didn’t think I’d leave you hanging with just one recipe now did you?
Today I’m back with another fantastic snack for your Super Bowl party. Another easy-to-whip-up, minimal ingredients, short-amount-of-time kinda food. Today, I give you: Sweet & Savory Crostini.
We start out by slicing a baguette into about 3/4 inch pieces and then drizzling with our favorite olive oil (this is also a fantastic way to utilize that hardened leftover bread you’ve got laying around!). Then we took a nice chunk of Ricotta Salata and layering that on top. To really spice things up, we used Rao’s Roasted Red Peppers–these babies are marinated in olive oil and mixed with golden raisins and pine nuts.
Lay one of those bad boys on top of your ricotta salata and top it all off with a golden raisin and pine nut or two, pop it in the toaster oven, and you’ve got yourself a touchdown!
Sweet & Savory Crostini
What you’ll need:
- 1 Il Forno Baguette
- 1 jar Rao’s Roasted Red Peppers
- about 1/2 lb. Ricotta Salata, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- Izaro Olive Oil
- optional: Creminelli Sliced Prosciutto
How to do it:
- Slice baguette into even slices, about 3/4 inch thick.
- Drizzle slices generously with Izaro Olive Oil and line them on a baking sheet.
- Lay a slice of Ricotta Salata on each slice of coated bread, followed by a roasted pepper and a couple raisins and pine nuts.
- Toast in toaster oven (or conventional oven on 350) for about 5 – 10 minutes, just until the bread is toasted and crispy.
* Note that the Ricotta Salata is not intended to melt.
- Optional: Top wih a thin slice of prosciutto.
- Serve immediately.